07 Jan SETTING REALISTIC WEIGHT-LOSS NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS
Now that the festive period is well and truly over, many people have planned their resolutions for the first month of 2015. Folks have been out shopping during Boxing Day buying new clothing (smaller sizes for 2015) because they plan on losing weight, fitness equipment, health supplements, dietary aids and gym memberships. This is all great! If you are one that is seeking to recreate their body for 2015, then right from the get go, here are some things to keep in mind:
1) Set realistic weight-loss goals–Don’t plan on losing a ton of weight too quick. When it does not go as planned, you are more likely to become discouraged and give up.
2) Give yourself at least 21 days to see it through! If you can get to 21 days, the unconscious mind will develop this as a new habit. Stick with it, even though it may be uncomfortable at first!
3) Follow proper dieting plans, rather than starvation/fasting diets. This could backfire and screw up your metabolism.
4) Seek encouragers! These are people that will help you achieve your goals by offering you morale. Once you speak your intentions to others, you are more likely to succeed.
5) Consult a health professional–MD, Chiropractor, Nutritionist, Personal Trainer, etc. If this is your first time riding this rodeo, or it has been a while since you have engaged in any kind of weight-loss and fitness, be sure to do it right and healthy!